United States, NY, New York
Sales & Marketing
The Event Concierge is the primary point of contact for all NYSE client needs, and works to help deliver an excellent customer service and premium brand experience for clients. They are responsible for filtering requests to necessary business units and ensuring timely follow up, providing first person resolution and expedited response times. This role is an extension of the client’s staff and also serves as the primary onsite contact for clients hosting smaller meetings at the NYSE.
Meet with the NYSE Event Planner prior to group’s arrival to review program details and solidify an understanding of the purpose of the event, keys to success and hot buttons. Read and analyze the briefer and any other supporting documents in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, etc.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
Act as a liaison for both the client and Event Planner for all events, working across multiple service departments, including catering arrangements, presentation materials, audiovisual support, media services, webcasting, photography, security procedures, signage opportunities, gifts, etc. Provide directional support and escorting to guests as they arrive and depart meeting space and to and from the Trading Floor. Provide insight and commentary to guests as events take place on the Trading Floor.
Assist guests with business center needs and/or special requests as required. Handle setting out client and guest gifts, listing certificate, place cards and badges. Post guest departure, collect items to be shipped.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a warm welcome and a fond farewell
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight and build trust
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible (Good Morning, Good Evening, etc.)
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities within guidelines (escorting them when requested, moving objects out of the way)
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their visit, NYSE services, anecdotes and history
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices
Working with Others
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Ensure all public areas are clean including that leftover catering items are removed promptly
- Ensure the business center is fully functioning at all times and in order (paper filled, workstations neat). In the event repair is needed, phone the company to assist and email relevant updates to company employees
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of (1+) of related work experience
- Effective communication of products and services offered
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong client and associate relation skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and systems
- Problem Solving Capabilities
- Stress Tolerance
- Positive Demeanor
- Interpersonal Skills
- Custom Service Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Detail Orientation
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time