Primary Location: United States-New York-The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
A Event Assistant is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Hotel Overview: Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City’s premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Eloise Events Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and manage the logistics of an event, including venue, guests, programs, catering, and hosting
• Supervise event vendors and staff.
• Supervise the set-up, running, and break down of the event, identifying and resolving problems.
• Meet with clients to plan event and establish budget.
• Assist with the development of promotional and collateral materials to support marketing and sales program.
• Sell events and respond to inquiries via phone/email.
• Maintain a calendar of internal events.
• Communicate event details with other leaders.
• Creating and maintaining files.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Maintain an awareness of all marketing initiatives and events.
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
• Aid customers in locating merchandise.
• Communicate customer requests to management.
• Assist in completing price changes within the department.
• Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
• Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
• Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
• Previous experience is an asset
• Ability to work with children
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, manage time and multitask
• Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
• Ability to communicate with associates and customers
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
Visa Requirements: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Sep.2019, 11:59:00 PM
Job Number: PLZ01489