The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public-sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
Reporting to the director of marketing and communications, this position is responsible for the overall strategy and creativity to conceive, plan, execute and evaluate “signature events” created expressly for California Community Foundation (CCF) donors, advisors, grantees and others, including the operation of the Joan Palevsky Center for the Future of Los Angeles.
· : Collaborates with supervisor, leadership and staff to develop strategic events that will advance the mission of the foundation through donor cultivation and community engagement. Works with departments to establish the purpose and goals of events and ensure that these remain the focus throughout the planning period. With the goals in mind, determines optimal event format and scheduling. Develops and drives timeline ensuring that deadlines are met. Oversees design, production and distribution of invitations to targeted guest list and provides any necessary communications to invited guests. Provides support in developing program content, speaker remarks, and visual components of presentations, ensuring that the key messages are enforced. Plans and manages all onsite logistics including room set-up, event flow, staffing assignments, CCF branding and signage, and oversees design and development of any onsite collateral, including print materials and presentations, to support the messaging of the event. Negotiates and contracts with outside contractors including vendors, caterers, photographers, technicians, etc. Establishes and maintains event finances including budget, vendor invoices, check requests, and reporting. Evaluates results post-event to determine successes and what can be
improved, documents learning and closes out events as required. Coordinates planning team and provides status updates to supervisor, leadership team and staff as needed, ensuring that all parties are informed throughout the planning process.
· Responsible for the strategic development of CCF’s Joan Palevsky Center for Future of Los Angeles. Collaborates with the foundation’s leadership team and others regarding the vision for and usage of the center, ensuring that the center protects and enhances the image and reputation of the foundation in the community at all times while offering a consistently high level of quality experience to users and visitors. Supervises the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the center, including overseeing the conference facilities specialist and serving as primary back-up to provide staffing support as needed. Works to maintain and enforce the policies and procedures for convening center use and oversees the budget and expenses for the space.
· Researches and evaluates potential venues and vendors to determine those that would be appropriate for CCF events, including establishing criteria for suitable vendors, conducting site visits, evaluating costs and budgets, and negotiating the rental of event spaces, audiovisual equipment, food and beverage service and other services and products. Maintains relationships with vendors and venues, exploring options as needed, to ensure CCF receives best possible rates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· : Bachelor’s degree required.
· : Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org. and select “Careers” or go to https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hewhv&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.