Purpose of Position:
To provide Department Director, Collegiate Team, and Events team with project, coordination and administrative support
· Maintain and oversee various projects related to the management of Collegiate Tennis Initiatives (Contracts, Financial Reports, Intern program, Budget)
· Assist in overall operation and planning of NCAA Championships
· Coordinate department communication, including email and written communication. Create reports for the department using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Maintain attendance and help with tracking of budget in each area.
· Implement and coordinate the distribution and inventory of materials to USTA section staff and communities.
· Oversee contract needs for National Campus operations
· Assist with event responsibilities (Waiver creation and process, tournament communication, Multi-Purpose and 2nd floor meeting space bookings, event text communication, tennis ball orders and organization, Tennis Court booking management)
· Assist in the creation and distribution of Collegiate Recruiting materials
· Assist in the organization, preparation and staff duties related to the USTA meetings and conferences. Provide support for USTA Annual and Semiannual Meetings.
· Handle general inquiries regarding department programs and initiatives through daily correspondence.
· Collaborate with other internal departments in the preparation of department materials, dashboard goals, and pulse of business and annual reports
· Maintain accurate accounting records and manage department administrative needs in compliance with USTA policies and procedures.
· Special projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Other:
· A college degree; post-graduate work a plus.
· Knowledge and appreciation of the game of tennis.
· Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability in coordination, organization and management of data and personnel.
· Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet; willing to be trained on Novatus and Concur
· Knowledge of a second language a plus, but not required.
· Position is considered non-exempt