Event Coordinator (Corporate Conferences)
Tampa, Florida, United States · Operations
IQPC Exchange, located in Tampa, FL is looking for Top Talent!
IQPC Exchange is currently seeking an Event Coordinator to manage the logistics and all operations for a portfolio of assigned conferences. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented individual who possess superior conflict-resolution skills. This role will report to the Director of Operations while working cooperatively with IQPC Exchange's Marketing, Production, Finance, and Sales teams. This position offers an opportunity to use several different skills to negotiate pricing, plan, create and manage our nationally recognized boutique conferences held throughout the U.S and Canada.
Find out more about life at IQPC Tampa at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldgd1fWbVNk&feature=youtu.be
IQPC Exchange, a division of IQPC, is a leader in producing national events for the most senior executives from billion dollar companies. Our prestigious events engage top business leaders and deliver both stimulating presentations and strategic 1-2-1 business meetings.
Find out more about work at IQPC at https://youtu.be/F2HRk1KxQZ0
The Event Coordinator is responsible for all logistical components of the event planning process to include food & beverage, audio visual/production, speaker management, exhibitor and sponsor management, transportation, off-site events, décor, print & collateral materials, entertainment and budgeting.
- Manage logistics, expenses and all production for assigned events, including pre-meeting planning, budgeting, on-site management and post-event reporting
- Responsible for room set-ups, audio/visual arrangements, attendee and speaker registration, food and beverage selection, BEO/MEO review, conference signage, exposition production, sponsorship fulfillment and shipping
- Manage pre-, on-site, and post-event oversight of A/V vendors, special events vendors, exposition/decorator service contractors, temporary staff agencies and conference speakers
- Serve as liaison with hotel reps and all IQPC departments at the event sites.
- Responsible for pre-event operations for events including reservation bookings, design requests, printing and shipping all materials
- Responsible for generating design requests for signage, banners including proofing and tracking all necessary deadlines
- Manages staff room blocks for events
- Assists on-site event duties including delivering specific operations including general event set up, badge/bag assembly, assisting with registration, and supporting on site program team as needed
- Reconciles with accounting all payments related aspects for these events, purchase order management
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and influencer with strong research skills; is analytical and articulate; a team player with a professional demeanor and enjoys being part of an enthusiastic, business-oriented and committed team. Must be driven and able to work with a sense of urgency, control the Event process and be able to learn new industries quickly.
- 1-3 years event experience (Internships or full time roles) (, but new graduates in hospitality management are welcome to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree Required- in Hospitality, Hotel Management, Event Planning, and Tourism or a related field preferred
- Event Management Software knowledge a plus
- Ability to develop a budget and manage it
- Creating/implementing production schedules, BEOs, MEOs, room diagrams and staff agendas/scripts
- Ability to travel, including weekends (About 30-40%)
- Excel knowledge a must.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning
- Excellent collaboration ability and interpersonal skills essential.
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
New graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply! Start your career, apply today!
- Base Salary ($30,000) + Event Bonus for every event that you work!
- Company Culture Club (company outings, sports events, team happy hour, holiday parties, philanthropy and more!)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, FSA, HSA, Supplemental Insurance)
- 401K through JPMorgan Chase
- Travel to your events held across the US
- Career progression and development support with clear pathways both upwards and across departments
- $1000 Employee Referral Bonus
- 16 PTO days every year
- All Bank Holidays paid
- Ongoing training at the individual, team and department levels
- International company with opportunities to transfer abroad