The Assigned Events Specialist works closely with Global Events Senior Management, Staffing Directors, Event Leads and other Event Managers, LOB Marketing Managers and LOB Leadership in planning and executing client programs, conferences and other events. This includes but is not limited to the end to end design and delivery of events consistent with corporate positioning and marketing strategy. Events can include research conferences, multi-day client programs, closing dinners/events, receptions/dinners, golf outings, sporting events, museum and performing arts experiences, external and internal thought leadership events and leadership offsites.
The Assigned Events Specialist will be responsible for the planning and execution of all aspects of events including event approvals, invitees, attendance tracking and reporting, working with support partners on production of invitations and websites, venue selection, room décor and set-up, determination and securing of catering and rental needs, menu selection, insurance, securing AV, management of any other internal or external vendor relations, other on-site logistics, budgeting and expense tracking, and invoice reconciliation.
Other responsibilities include event operational support such as updating forecasts and budgets, adherence to all compliance related requirements, registering events in various systems and updating post-event attendee lists for accuracy and any ad hoc projects as deemed necessary.
• 5+ years of event planning experience
• Demonstrated experience event planning in a large corporate environment, ideally in financial services
• Strong understanding of the client-managed lines of business (GBAM & GWIM) and their clientele
• Ability to think strategically and execute end-to-end event programming
• Poised, professional and articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Must be detail oriented, resourceful, creative and responsive, possessing a “can do” attitude
• Excellent project management skills: Strong communication, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible and open to change as job structure and responsibilities may shift as needed
• Must be a team-player, enthusiastic, positive, polished, poised and professional in a highly professional business setting; have strong executive presence and strategic influencing skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Ability to work and maneuver through a process driven company
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task; work under tight deadlines
• Ability to work extended hours and travel when required
• Bachelor's Degree highly desired
• Based Full Time in Charlotte/New York/Washington DC
• 25% travel
Serves as the Relationship Managers' primary point of contact for the high-impact events needs. Understands the assigned customer segment's goals and objectives. Provides and develops aligned strategic counsel regarding customer entertainment and internal and external event planning/meetings to the customer segment executive. Aligns internal and external resources to meet the events/meetings needs of the Line of Business/ Line of Business Executive. Tracks and measures customer entertainment in the assigned customer segment. Reports to Corporate Events Manager.
Posting Date: 10/08/2019
Washington, DC, 1800 K St NW (DC1842),
New York, NY, 50 Rockefeller Plaza (NY1050),
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.