We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Event Manager to produce onsite events. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee events. Excellent people skills are a must as s/he will be working with clients directly to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details including but not limited to decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location logistics, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you! We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organization to make people and our team happy.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Execute events from point of booking to the departure of the last staff member onsite.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success.
- Coordinate all operations onsite.
- Supervise all staff and vendors onsite.
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team.
- Travelling to on-site inspections and project managing events.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
Requirements And Qualifications
- Proven experience as event manager in catering specific roles.
- Skilled in project management.
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Customer-service orientation.
- A team player with leadership skills.
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Impressive references and portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events, etc.)
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Reliable transportation.