Director of Special Fundraising Events Seeking a seasoned, strategic, goal driven event managing professional to join the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast team. This position has the primary responsibility of coordinating six fundraising events as well as providing support to other events within the agency footprint. Must have extensive experience in planning and managing special events with proven ability to conduct meetings. Director must be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project and time management skills. Must have experience working with Boards and event committees. Must be a team player with initiative and great attitude and be willing to work some nights and weekends.
• Effective/strong organizational and customer service skills
• Excellent follow through is critical for success.
• Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
• Must be able to lead and work with a multitude of committee members
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Continuous attention to detail in composing, typing and meeting deadlines
• Experience in establishing and managing event budgets
• Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software and on-line auction software, (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Social Media)
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
3 years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure
Please submit your resume to Gina Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.