Apply by Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Salary band $44,300 - $55,700
Language Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Provides administrative support to the Manager, Communications which includes: calendar management, coordinating meetings, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, tracking documents and deadlines, and providing follow up as needed.
- Coordinates translation and production of documents, including liaising with external service providers, communicating timelines and following-up as required.
- Coordinates, processes (codes, validates, verifies) and tracks contracts, purchase orders, travel requests, invoices, expense claims and credit card reconciliations. Reviews monthly financial reports and follows-up on any discrepancies.
- Creates and maintains overall electronic and hard copy filing for the Unit for effective and efficient retrieval of information, which may include database updates.
- Types, formats and proofreads correspondence and reports, including taking minutes for department and cross-functional team meetings and preparing draft e-mails and letters for internal and external correspondence and mail-outs.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members and may be required to schedule and organize logistics for external meetings and events (e.g. conferences and workshops) or internal meetings with external participants.
- Creates and maintains records in FCM’s Client Relationship Management application.
- Provides back-up support to other Administrative Assistants and to the Receptionist
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in the provision of administrative support with a strong focus on organizational coordination and customer service.
- Post-secondary education in the area of office administration, business administration or experience that is considered equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools, and computer business applications (Microsoft Office suite).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees; experience in dealing with external stakeholders at a senior level, excellent client service skills and professional attitude.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment with some tight deadlines/turnaround times.
- Excellent problem analysis, assessment and resolution/decision making skills – showing attention to detail.
- Proven organizational & interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work fluently in French and in English (both written and spoken) is considered an asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.