Assistant Sports Coordinator
PE Saville Sports Centre
|Competition No. -
|Posting Date -
||Oct 09, 2019
|Closing Date -
||Oct 22, 2019
|Position Type -
||Full Time - Operating Funded
|Salary Range -
||$44,697 to $59,479 per year
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
Please Note: The standard work week for this position is Tuesday-Saturday with some evening work.
The Assistant Sports Coordinator (Tennis) is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the reception and customer service duties for the Saville Community Sports Centre East (SCSC), and also provides administrative support in the day-to-day functions of the Centre. This position will assist in a number of key areas including: staff training; information coordination/dissemination; financial transactions; and locker coordination. This position will provides direction to the casual customer service staff working within the facility to ensure high quality customer service.
In addition to the customer service area, this position will assist the Tennis Coordinator to ensure day-to-day activities of the tennis unit are carried out in an efficient and effective manner. A major focus of this area will be assisting with the organization and administration of tennis memberships, programs and events. The incumbent will provide leadership to other customer service staff regarding tennis activity and have a strong communication role with promoting programs, memberships and events to the general public.
- Responds to patron and general public inquiries regarding memberships, policies and procedures, and the services offered by the SCSC and Foote Field
- Provides general information on booking facilities and special events
- Disseminates information on all programs and events at all South Campus facilities
- Responsible for the proficient and efficient use of IntelligenzTM software and Court Booking software and training staff in use of this software
- Responsible for daily tennis court bookings, ensuring courts are booked correctly in software and all inquiries are handled
- Registers participants in SCSC (and Faculty) programs through IntelligenzTM software
- Takes payments in all forms – credit cards, debit, cheque and cash transactions executed at the customer service areas through IntelligenzTM
- Provides ongoing follow up in specific areas for staff including emergency procedures, evacuations and other priority areas
- Develops and refines a variety of information coordination/dissemination models using any and all means available to ensure accurate information is easily obtained by all staff
- Works closely with sport-specific and event-specific staff to capture information in advance of the event/program and ensures timely dissemination of such to Customer Service staff
- Tracks locker sales and returns, accurately assigning lockers, ensuring lockers are emptied when the rental is complete; and tracking staff locker assignments
- Coordinates programming of access cards as required
- Reports any Risk Management issues to the Supervisor
- Responds to emergencies within the facility; reports and records incidents and accidents with appropriate paperwork
- Monitors and addresses cleanliness and overall functioning of the facility, as required
- Coordinates the day to day member services for the tennis department under the guidance of the Tennis Coordinator
- Ensures that all tennis leagues, instructional programs, events and maintenance requirements are properly reflected in the tennis bookings program
- Coordinates ongoing member leagues including developing draws, schedules, recruiting and placing players
- Assists the tournament operation including facility bookings, player registration, oversight of the tournament operation desk; coordinates accommodations and transportation if necessary
- Works closely with Tennis Coordinator to ensure that major tennis events are well organized
- Ensures the accurate and timely recording of club championships including banners, trophies and photos as required
- Ensures that the tennis section of the facility website is accurate and up to date, making changes as required
- Updates and posts all tennis league and event results on information boards and facility websites
- Promotes events and programs by developing and distributing promotional materials
- High School Diploma required
- 1 year of directly related experience in sports facility administration required
- Current Standard First Aid (within 2 years) and Level C CPR (within 1 year) required
- Excellent Customer Service skills; minimum of one year front line customer service experience is required
- Experience working with a Recreation Software System is required
- Excellent communication skills and public relations skills
- Strong supervision skills required
- Must be able to respond to and understand emergency situations
- Degree in Kinesiology, Sport & Recreation and understanding of facility operation is an asset
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in conflict resolution methods
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and work as a member of a team
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.