UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you are an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about marketing and event planning. As a team player the Marketing & Event Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Marketing team on planning and execution of industry trade shows, retail, customer, community investment, sponsorship events and required marketing co-ordination as required.
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute on tradeshow and events as defined by the business and corporate requirements.
- Develop comprehensive event plans, timelines and budgets.
- Co-ordinate and execute on all tasks including: internal and external communications, booth design, displays, contests, promotions, giveaways, banners, logistics, 3rd party vendor requirements, catering, AV requirements, hotel bookings,
- Onsite event co-ordination with vendors and field staff scheduling.
- Analyze, Monitor, track, and report on all events.
- Maintain brand standards and guidelines to ensure content across all channels are consistent with UFA’s brand position.
- Initiate pre-event and post event briefs.
- Coordinate visual, creative and digital requirements.
- Identify potential industry events to attend based on the industries we serve.
- Participate in field events as required to stay abreast of what the competition is doing and what’s happening in the agriculture and petroleum industries.
- A Degree/Diploma in event planning, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in developing and implementing larger/complex event plans
- Experience in marketing planning, communications, market research, advertising and promotions, production and project management.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms and marketing tools: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin. Exceptional communication, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to the detail is a must.
- High energy, sense of urgency, decisiveness, strong work ethic and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel out of town as required.
- Have a valid driver’s license
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR19-307 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR19-307, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.