Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, organized, tenacious event coordinator to support and manage event execution. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS events based in our Chicago office.
This role will be responsible for the planning, vendor management and execution of small to large scale events across the Americas providing all execution, oversight and reporting. This includes event coordination, vendor management, budget and expense management, and event marketing planning. In this role, the candidate will partner with AWS senior staff to ensure effective collaboration and determine the event calendar along with write/distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip reports. Successful candidates excel at building working relationships and have a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. Meticulous attention to detail, willingness to solve hard problems and operating independently are all highly valued skills. The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· 2+ years of experience executing events or coordinating high-volume logistics planning
· Written communication skills (writing, editing, proofreading)
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Proven track record of operational excellence in event execution or similar function
· Experience with collecting and reporting results
· Experience using Salesforce or comparable lead/contact management systems
· Experience using Marketo or comparable automated communications tool
· Experience using Splash or comparable event website/registration platform
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age