Position Title: Events Coordinator
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Director, Events
Purpose and Description
Meridian is a non-profit diplomatic center based in Washington, D.C. that strengthens engagement between the United States and the world by developing global leaders, connecting people through culture and promoting non-partisan collaboration. Meridian is headquartered on a four-acre property in the middle of Washington with two elegant, historic properties, the Meridian House and the White-Meyer House surrounded by beautiful gardens. Meridian provides a unique venue for events, whether it be a corporate conference, a wedding, a special event, or a reception.
Meridian is seeking a dynamic Events Coordinator to support the administration and execution of events.
Administration and Scheduling
- Serves as primary point of contact for all internal meeting room reservations, internal meeting requirements and set-up (catering, AV, room configuration, equipment rental), including scheduling, reporting, and invoicing
- Manages the master house calendar, effectively communicating information for accurate setup and coordination with operations team; reconciles all internal billing and invoices to meet departmental and grant reporting deadlines
- Coordinates administrative functions for the Events Office, including maintenance of vendor files, insurance certifications, rental revenue documents, and invoices
- Inputs client and vendor data in Salesforce, run reports and lists as needed
- Assists in managing the social media presence of Meridian as it pertains specifically to weddings and private events; works with the Director of Events, Director of Communications, and Creative Director to develop new content and update existing content for the event rentals website
Event Planning and Oversight
- Assists the Director of Events in working with internal staff to plan receptions, programs, dinners, and art events with duties including vendor selection, RSVP tracking, development of internal event sheet, and event close-out
- Works closely with the Maintenance & Operations team in executing meetings and event setups; coordinates with House Manager to ensure that meeting space is arranged as requested in event requisition documents
- Assists the Director of Events in managing vendor responsibilities and logistics of Meridian’s major fundraising event, the Meridian Ball
- Serves as the primary onsite management staff for events, including evenings and weekends as required
- Conducts site tours with potential clients, highlighting Meridian’s history, unique features, and event capabilities; finalizes event details on select events by performing final walkthroughs with clients and vendors, and serving as the onsite point of contact for the duration of the event
- Effectively communicates Meridian’s event policies and procedures to vendors, clients, and internal staff and ensures adherence and compliance
- Serves as Meridian’s neighborhood liaison by developing and maintaining strong, cordial, working relationships with community parties and ensuring compliance with Meridian’s neighborhood MOU obligations; responsible for maintenance and distribution of Meridian’s neighborhood “hotline” log
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in the area of hospitality, special events, or meeting coordination
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of staff, board members, major donors, clients, vendors, and members of the neighborhood
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity, with success working on a small team in a busy office environment
- Strong attention to detail and procedure, with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge and experience working with CRM database, Salesforce in particular
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA non-exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “Events Coordinator” only. A cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.