Position Type Full-Time
The Facilities and Events Administrator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Leviton LIVE Applications Showroom. Responsibilities will include planning meetings, coordinating special events and conducting tours as the “Spokesperson” for Leviton products at the LIVE Showroom.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the LIVE Applications Showroom
- Function as a Brand Ambassador; learn and present on Leviton’s business, its culture, its brand and product features, to groups and individuals
- Facilitate tours of the facility to customers and vendors, explaining how all displayed Leviton products work and integrate with each other for a complete solution
- Manage scheduling of meetings and events being held at the facility; maintain the facility calendar
- Keep track and enter data into Salesforce.com for all individuals/customers attending an event at LIVE
- Responsible for all amenities and accommodations at events; Coordinate catering and server staff required for meetings and events being held at the facility
- Provide guest services, including greeting and announcing all guests and coordinating security access.
- Coordinate ground travel for guests between the facility and the airport and/or area hotels
- Assist with hotel bookings for guests
- Coordinate off-site and on-site events such as luncheons, dinners (private dinning), group events, etc.
- Manage inventory for food, beverages and amenities in showroom; keep refreshments fully stocked
- Manage all maintenance scheduling and upkeep for facility and equipment, including cleaning services, recycling services, window washing and extermination. Identify local prospective sources for services
- Maintain the receptionist desk
- Keep clean environment (take out garbage and clean up meeting areas before and after)
- Conduct annual physical inventory for Finance
- Work a flexible schedule as needed for special events and coverage (must be present ½ hour prior to event and ½ hour after event)
- Uphold a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Back-up for other LIVE showroom Administrators
Education & Experience
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical components; lighting, automation, control, a/v, telecommunications and/or data communications preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in hospitality management or event planning
- Experience working with local area businesses
- Electrical and/or construction industry experience preferred
- Experience giving tours and/or presenting to others
Skills & Abilties
- Must possess business acumen and have a professional presence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Mechanically inclined and technologically savvy
- Excellent presentations skills; must be comfortable speaking and presenting to an audience
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to direct and review vendors
- Ability to effectively budget events
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, and correspond professionally via email and phone
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications. Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Up to 5%
- Some travel may be required to attend Leviton product trainings and to substitute for other Administrators at various Leviton LIVE facilities
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.