Special Events Manager
New York, NY, US
OUR MISSION: To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth. As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) is recognized for our high standards and effective delivery of life changing programs. With the vision that all youth achieve their full potential, we have provided safe and impactful mentoring experiences to NYC youth since 1904.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to serve as a Manager of Special Events overseeing a portfolio of revenue generating events. This position is part of a team that manages 8 fundraising events at Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City, which generate more than $5MM in annual revenue. Reporting to the Special Events Director, the Manager of Special Events will serve as the lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship opportunities. The ideal candidate will be creative and entrepreneurial, with the ability to execute high quality special events that meet or exceed annual goals. S/he will have exemplary relationship building skills and be excited by the responsibility of playing a critical role in securing funding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s revenue goals.
- Develop the overall planning and management of major fundraising events to include: budget management, acquisition, cultivation and retention of event participants, solicit corporate sponsorships, logistics, pre-and post-event follow up, committee recruitment and management of event committee/s, maintain timeline on all design/creative for event materials, etc.
- Develop relationships and work closely with trustees, event chairs, committees, and honorees.
- Vendor management: oversee coordination of vendor production schedules (includes: venue contracts, collateral, save-the-dates, invitation design, media loops, printing and mailing, caterers, entertainment, photographers, videographers and consultants)
- Track and manage ticket sales / sponsorship, draft correspondence and solicitation mailings, capture new donor information and execute sponsorship benefit elements
- Develop and coordinate post-event analytics/evaluation to include return on investment analysis, to ensure continued success of events and sustainability
- Provide proactive problem-solving while managing event logistics including auctions, signage, food/beverage, registration, volunteers, staffing, and talent. Also manage speaker’s remarks, transportation and hotel needs as necessary
- Work with CMO to identify and implement ideas on effective marketing strategies and campaigns that appeal to the business community and beyond for events
- Track event expenses and manage budget, produce event timelines and contact sheets
- Responsible for researching and presenting potential new donor prospects and/or key industry stakeholders
- Responsible for executing various administrative duties including preparations for meetings and events
- Other development projects/events as assigned
- Belief in the power of mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4 years of event management experience with a proven track record of executing high profile fundraising events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task, stay organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resources needs
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Raiser’s Edge, Convio/Luminate, Illustrator, Photoshop & graphic design experience a plus
- Ability to work with key stakeholders including Trustees, Event Committee members and staff to meet budget goals with a strong focus on ROI. Extended hours and weekend work required as necessary
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To Apply: Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s career center.