Thorold, ON, Canada Req #82
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Closing Date Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Here we GROW again!
Are you interested in becoming part of a team that values service excellence, creativity, and teamwork? CAA Niagara is growing, and we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, energetic part-time Events Coordinator to join our Marketing team!
The part-time Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning and organizing CAA Niagara’s presence at various events throughout the year. The individual will assist the Marketing Specialist in scheduling, promoting, preparing materials and organizing employee volunteers for community and member-exclusive events throughout the year
We are currently looking for individuals with flexible schedules who can accommodate various afternoon, evening, weekends and holiday shifts.
If this is something that interests you, we would love to speak with you!
Who We Are:
CAA Niagara serves over 137,000 members in the Niagara Region and employs over 170 people within its five locations in Grimsby, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Thorold and Welland. CAA Niagara is part of a federation of eight membership clubs serving over six million members through 140 offices across Canada. CAA clubs continue to build on the trust earned over one hundred years; continually growing the suite of relevant products and services provided to members. The suite of products and services includes: roadside assistance, insurance, travel, rewards and public affairs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate CAA Niagara’s presence at community events, including connecting with vendor event planners, developing employee schedules and facilitating the delivery of booth materials
- Work alongside the Brand Ambassadors and employee volunteers and attend community events and festivals to engage with members and non-members to educate them on the benefits of having a CAA membership
- Be a CAA Niagara ambassador by channeling our core values and showing your passion for the company and our Niagara Region community
- Be the point of contact at events and pro-actively identify, address and solve issues that may arise while on-site
- Manage inventory of branded giveaways to ensure stock is sufficient for each event and re-order as needed
- Complete post-event reports and offer recommendations to strengthen future programs
- Collaborate with marketing team to create and deploy marketing campaigns around the various events to drive attendance and member engagement
- Responsible for taking photos and videos while at events to be posted to CAA Niagara’s social media channels
- Responsible for the CAA Niagara tablet while at external events – troubleshoot when necessary to address any issues that may arise with the device
Who We Are Looking For
CAA Niagara values Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, Inclusivity and Service Excellence. We are looking for like-minded individuals, with the following qualifications:
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Developed organizational and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate and energetic
- Proficiency in using, navigating and troubleshooting websites and tablets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in person and by phone, with a high level of professionalism
- 1-2 years of experience in Event Management, or a relevant field
- High School Diploma required
- Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management or relevant field preferred
- Experience with using Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven familiarization with tablets and ability to troubleshoot when necessary
If you're interested, please Apply below. We look forward to reading your application!