Events and Marketing Assistant, EDSW - (00441.2)
Application Restrictions Open to both Internal and external
Job Type Support Staff (CUPE)
Posting In effect from 2/12/2019
Closing Application Date 13/12/2019
Closing date for internal CUPE applicants 13/12/2019
Internal CUPE applicants must submit their application by 4pm on the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” for their Seniority to be recognized. If the position is still open after that date they will be considered alongside external applicants.
Applications will be reviewed commencing the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” and may continue until the position is filled
Support Type Auxiliary (Under 4 Months)
Anticipated Start Date 6/1/2020
Position End Date (If Applicable) 31/3/2020
The Hours of work are subject to change depending upon departmental requirements
Schedule The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The Events and Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting staff and faculty in the planning, coordinating and delivering a wide range of website support, activities, special projects and events for the Faculty of Education and Social Work. The position works closely with the EDSW Leadership Team to support the broad communication and marketing strategies within the Faculty of Education and Social Work. Aligning content with TRU Brand, TRU’s Strategic Priorities and departmental strategic goals, the Events and Marketing Assistant liaises with a variety of on-campus departments and relevant off-campus community partners to support the delivery of events, activities and special projects. This position will also assist units with all web related issues, changes and updates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists faculty and staff in executing events: organizing and coordinating schedules, booking spaces, hosting visitors, maintaining invitee databases, designing and distributing marketing materials, coordinating with multiple units on campus, outlining and executing marketing plans, setting up sites, preparing gift bags, organizing catering contracts, booking required equipment and ensuring seamless overall event hosting in a variety of venues.
- Assists in the design, development and delivery of events or special projects. Ensures that project criteria standards and timelines are met within established guidelines.
- Assists units with website changes; creates and maintains a schedule to update online materials.
- Designs, updates and distributes marketing materials: sandwich boards, bulletin boards, posters in classrooms, CCTV slides and others.
- Supports faculty and staff with marketing campaigns and social media activities aligning with the EDSW communications plan.
- Assists faculty and staff in creating, tracking and maintaining repositories for events, marketing and communications.
- Prepares reports and presentations according to project requirements.
Dean, Faculty of Education and Social Work
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Arts, or related field
- Two (2) years’ related experience, including:
- Creating and executing marketing plans for events
- Designing marketing materials and updating the web and social media outlets
- Working with a team
- Preparing websites and coding
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines and project requests with attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing for diverse audiences
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office or comparable software, Adobe Suite and desktop publishing skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Google Analytics and SEO
- Demonstrated experience working with an Active Content Management system or other website maintenance experience, including HTML code
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and internal/external communications, social media, video development and teleconferencing
- Advanced knowledge of the Event Planning industry
- Ability to work independently within established accountability and timeline guidelines
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to serving diverse students and stakeholders, knowledge of post-secondary environment
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- General office conditions
- Ability to lift weights up to 10kg
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
Pay Band CUPE Grade 06 $26.01
Salary rate Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Location Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
Thompson Rivers University -> Faculty of Education and Social Work -> Dean, Education and Social Work
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University please visit our Web Site.
and follow the links on the Left "Why Work at TRU" or "Why Live in Kamloops"