Event Coordinator - (P0330)
Royal Roads University (RRU) is located on the traditional lands of the Xwsepsum (Esquimalt) and Lekwungen (Songhees) ancestors and families who have lived here for thousands of years. Located in one of Canada’s most beautiful National Historic Sites, RRU is just minutes from downtown Victoria, British Columbia and is surrounded by old growth forest and awe inspiring ocean and mountain views. RRU is a special-purpose university that delivers high-quality applied and professional programs. Established by the provincial government in 1995 through the Royal Roads University Act, RRU was created with a unique mandate and governance structure to respond to the labour market needs of British Columbia. RRU has over 20,000 alumni in 65 countries. With a reputation for innovation, RRU is a leader in the delivery of blended learning programs, which combine intensive residency experiences with online course work.
Requisition # P0330
Job Title Event Coordinator
Division Department Royal Roads University -> Office of the Vice President, Communications and Advancement -> Campus Services
Recruitment Type Temporary Full Time
# of Hires Needed 1
Closing Date 12/31/2019
Reporting to the Manager, Campus Services, the Event Coordinator is responsible for the planning and professional execution of events for the institution, general public, and corporate market.
The coordinator has excellent time management, planning, and day-of-event delivery skills. A skilled communicator, the coordinator is committed to delivering the highest quality customer service. The coordinator works independently, yet has the competencies to collaborate and build a shared vision with a team of staff, volunteers, suppliers, and community stakeholders to bring events to fruition.
- Minimum 5 years event planning experience;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large scale events in collaboration with a project team to achieve successful outcomes;
- Results-oriented, able to make informed decisions, embrace change, react quickly to emerging situations, respond to customer concerns, skillfully resolve problems and seek managerial support when required;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to develop relationships and interact with a wide range of staff, volunteers and contractors;
- Capable of working under intense pressure and setting priorities while maintaining an uncompromising commitment to quality and customer service;
- Experience with contractual and financial administrative processes;
- Motivated, flexible and enjoys dynamic, multitask environments;
- Computer literate in MS Word, and Excel;
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to adjust the standard work week to meet the demands of the role during peak operation times, which includes working evenings, weekends and occasionally split shifts
This is a temporary, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week until March 2021. The position has been evaluated at Grade 3 and the salary range is $46,159 to $69,240 per annum (salary under review). The university is pleased to offer a limited benefits package. (If you are currently enrolled in the RRU Benefits Plan your coverage will remain unchanged.) Royal Roads University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. ALL COMPETITIONS WILL CLOSE AT 10.00 P.M. ON THE DATE OF CLOSING