Job Title Birthday Party Attendant
Organizational Unit Community Services -> Recreation & Culture Services -> Recreation & Client Services
Requisition # 17-78
Location Multiple Community - Newmarket, ON CA (Primary)
Shift Type All
Job Type Seasonal/Sessional
Date Posted By 6/14/2017
Date Posting Closes 7/7/2017
Time Posting Closes: 5:00 p.m.
Career Level Student
Education Some High School
Salary Payband/Range $11.87-$13.08 per hour
Under the direction of the Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for overall planning, implementation and delivery of the scheduled and assigned birthday party programs within the Town of Newmarket. The program may run year round or seasonally. The instructor will be responsible for birthday party set-up, clean up, teaching/instructing/leading the party groups in games and or gym activities. They also might coordinate organized activities such as swimming, skating, skateboarding with other staff. The attendant will also communicate to the participants and their parents (if applicable) as well as reporting any issues, concerns or developments to the Coordinator
• Experience facilitating recreation programs/events.
• One to three years’ experience in recreation instructing field or equivalent.
• Additional credentials or attendance in workshops, such as a High Five, Coaching Theory Level one or babysitting.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certificate.
• Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
• Availability/flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
The Town of Newmarket is committed to accommodating all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process.